May 27, 2014

How was your weekend?

According to the calendar it is Tuesday although I refuse to be convinced that it isn’t Monday in disguise. I’m back at work, tired, dusty, and with paint still under my nails, but at least here I can look at nail holes and scuff marks on the walls with the knowledge that I’m not the one responsible for fixing them. I was telling one of my coworkers that being at the office is the most relaxing part of my day lately because it’s quiet and I can sit at my desk without having to move paint cans and boxes of hardwood flooring from room to room. Granted, there’s still work here I have to do...and I have to wear pants...and there’s that guy who always tries to talk to me when I’m using the urinal. But I have snacks here and all the coffee I can drink so it’s not too bad. After this coming weekend most of the rest of the major work will (hopefully) be done so I can go back to being a disaffected office drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment